Behaviour Solutions & Modification
Is your dogs behavior causing you to not be happy?
Remember! if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!
- Hate it when your dog jumps on your guests?
- Hate it when your dog begs at the table?
- Get tired when your dog steals anything that you leave on the counter?
- Wish that your dog would just listen?
- Get embarrassed when your dog is out of control?
- Wish your dog would come back when called?
- Sick and tired of your dog ripping your arm out every time you go for a walk?
- Get annoyed from constant barking?
- Tired or apologizing for your dogs bad behavior?
- Dislike the idea of using harsh training methods to bring your dog under control?
- Irritated because you have no control over your dogs behavior?
- Want your dog to obey commands, no matter where you are?
We offer different programs & classes with different techniques to better any behavior.
All behavior can be fixed
The trainer will evaluate your dogs behavior in his/her environment. Almost all behavior can be fixed if patients and persistence are combined simultaneously. While some behaviors can be corrected others can only be modified.
Either behavior is learned, man-made or related to genetics. We must also take in consideration that behavior also can be influenced by the environment. We address alls behaviors by making the changes first in the home with no distraction and later with distractions.
Example: Dog jumping up on people, why?
Most dogs jump up at people because they want to greet them at face level to say “hello”. It is a natural and instinctive behavior. Many dog owners reinforce this behavior by slapping their legs and encouraging their puppy to rush forward and jump up. This may be okay and cute while the puppy is small but ridicules once the puppy grows up.
Montreal’s Dog Training School
Dahan Canine Education Center
Meet Sandra Dahan
My name is Sandra and as a trainer and behaviorist i would like to share my knowledge with you in training and behavioral modification.
Dog Training has become a necessity for today’s dog and for their safety. My school is about training dogs and their owners so both can live a stress free life living under the same roof. Our clients are mostly based in Ile Perrot, ND l’ile perrot, Pincourt, Vaudreuil, Vaudreuil Dorion, St- lazare, Hudson and Rigaud. We do offer dog training class in Montreal and we will go as far as laval.
All my services are rendered in the environment where the dog lives since most unwanted behavior is exhibited in the home and/or the streets. I always begin with an an evaluation & consultation and answer all the family’s questions. After the evaluation i will be able to narrow down what is needed and the procedure best suited for your dog to achieve the needed results.
I don’t use one technique or one procedure. Just like people all dogs have different characters and temperaments and we need to go according to that. I will use which ever training equipment will be best suited since their is not one method better then the other.
Since all unwanted behaviors are the result of no Obedience training, that will be the 1st step. Also remember that 85% of all unwanted behavior will automatically get correct /modified with the proper obedience training.